I hope you enjoyed the long Thanksgiving weekend and found a few quiet moments to reflect on what you are truly thankful for, no matter what challenges you may be facing. I am a firm believer that an “attitude of gratitude” brings more of the best that life has to offer, whereas “sticking thinking” produces more of the same. I know that in the midst of the worst challenges of my life finding something, anything, to be grateful for is what kept me sane and able to keep moving forward.
Here are a few things I’m grateful for this year …
- To make a dream a reality you must be able to have a clear vision of what you really want. For many years I’ve dreamed of living amid a forest and a lake. My little slice of serenity amidst the chaos of the world. I didn’t know exactly where it would be, but I saw it for many years it in my dreams, both awake and asleep. This year I am immensely grateful to say that we found it and downsized to this “dream” piece of property! You can attract what you can envision. Get a clear vision of what you desire and never give up on your dreams!!
- Soon as we had an empty nest my mother had some health issues and had to come live with us. In the midst of moving mayhem, she discovered a lump that unfortunately has turned out to be breast cancer. This was a shocking diagnosis to hear after she accomplished a 26 year interlude of being cancer free. My mom is an amazing woman that has survived a tragic life which has included enduring severe child abuse that left her with permanent learning disabilities, a head-on collision in her teens, and beating breast cancer a first go around. She would tell you that her secret to staying sane is humor. She can find something funny in almost anything, laughter truly is her medicine. I am so grateful that she was with our family for Thanksgiving for the first time in 11 years, and that she will be living with us permanently now so we can surround her with love and make sure she has the best chance of beating this once again.
- After a scare of my own as well, I’m so very thankful to still be celebrating 19 years breast cancer free!
- Thankful for accomplishing a successful professional year despite all the shifts happening personally. Completed intensive speaker training and spoke at well-received engagements, held our best Mixer ever with more than 100 people in attendance, and managed the roll out of our new and improved DivorceTownUSA website! So many thanks going out to the wonderful professional colleagues that continue to join us in our mission and our growing community at DivorceTownUSA®!!
- Thankful for our clients who trust us to bring support and solutions to them in the midst of the overwhelming challenges they are facing. Thank you for allowing us to continue to be that beacon of light in the darkness. We appreciate the opportunity to be on your team!
- And … I’m thankful for YOU and the thousands of other subscribers to this newsletter from around the world, who continue to reach out with words of gratitude for the information we provide. A beautiful circle indeed.
And so, in keeping with this theme of gratitude, I hope you’ll reflect on and enjoy some sage advice from two great ladies among our top DivorceTownUSA Experts: Gratitude: The Gift That Keeps On Giving and Being “Thankful” in Today’s World.