Everywhere you look these days costs are rising. Nowhere is that more evident than at the gas pumps and because of that many folks are cutting back on travel plans and summer vacations this year. But that doesn’t mean you can’t have fun! In fact, most people never truly explore the wonders that surround them because they are busy working and shuttling kids around all the time.
In doing research for this article I found experts recommend that if you are going to do a staycation that you agree that little to no work will be done in your “time off.” It’s too easy to stray from your fun day if you start cleaning the garage and get on a roll!
Make a plan and stick to it. If you can’t do a whole week then pick specific days and mark them on your calendar so that you and your kids plan your activities in advance.
1. Make a map and take a day to explore all the museums around your area.
2. Visit those parks that you may have passed, but never had the chance to explore.
3. What about creating a list of unusual items and having a scavenger hunt among antique stores around you?
4. Write a script and film a family video. Everyone gets a starring role!
5. Stay in your pajamas and watch old flicks all day. The classics never get old!